The 1st Hajasi Government was the first Government of Bijan, and governed Bijan from its appointment by Administrator Arnoud Rakers on March 21, 1949 until its discharge by President Nemu Neĉemu on March 16, 1953. It was led by Chief Minister Veki Hajasi, and consisted of seven additional portfolios.
For the duration of the 1st Hajasi Government, Minister for Finance Ren Karokin served as First Deputy Chief Minister, and Minister for Foreign Affairs Laru Dendeni served as Second Deputy Chief First Minister.
- 1949.01.01: The Constitution of Bijan goes into effect.
- 1949.03.06: The Bijani House of Representatives election, 1949 takes place.
- 1949.03.15: Official election results are certified; the term of the 1st Bijani House of Representatives begins. The colonial Legislative Council is permanently dissolved.
- 1949.03.21: The House of Representatives is convoked for its first session by Administrator Arnoud Rackers. Rackers nominates Veki Hajasi as Chief Minister-designate. Hajasi presents a proposal to form a Government to the House of Representatives, which approves it and authorizes Hajasi to form a Government. Administrator Rakers formally swears the members of the Government into office.
- 1949.07.01: Nemu Neĉemu is sworn in as the President of the Republic. The colonial office of Administration, led by Administrator Arnoud Rackers, is permanently dissolved.
- 1950.10.29: Agriculture Minister Mavasan Ĝenko tenders his resignation.
- 1950.10.30: Chief Minister Hajasi nominates Roga Naroga to the position of Minister for Agriculture. President Neĉemu formally appoints him to the office.
- 1952.12.01: President Neĉemu delcares an ordinary election to the Bijani House of Representatives will take place on 1 March 1953.
- 1953.01.30: The House of Representatives is prorogued.
- 1953.03.01: The Bijani House of Representatives election, 1953 takes place.
- 1953.03.10: Official election results are certified; the term of the 2nd Bijani House of Representatives begins.
- 1953.03.16: The House of Representatives is convoked for its first session by President Neĉemu. The Hajasi Government tenders its resignation. Presient Neĉemu selects Veki Hajasi as Chief Minister-designate. Hajasi presents a proposal to form a Government to the House of representatives, which approves it and authorizes Hajasi to form a Government. President Neĉemu formally discharges the members of the 1st Hajasi Government and appoints the members of the 2nd Hajasi Government into office.