Andrew George Yates Phillips (b. 3 February 1930) is the current Traditional Mayor of Summers Island, a title he has held since his fathers death in 1993. He was born in Phillipstown, Summers Island, the son of John Phillips (Mayor of Summers Island) and Christina Yates. Through both his parents, he is a descendant of the original settlers of Summers Island. Through his male line, he is the 6 x great grandson of Lawrence Phillips, first mayor of Phillipstown.
He married twice. First, in 1956 to Alice Phillips (1936-1962) (his 2nd cousin). They had 4 children:
- Mary Andrea Phillips (b. 1957)
- Elizabeth Alice Phillips (b. 1959)
- Georgia Christina Phillips (b. 1960)
- George Andrew John Phillips (b. 1961) (his heir)
Alice died in 1962, and in 1964 Andrew married Hannah Wallace (b. 1941 in England). With her, he had 4 children.
- Andrew Alexander Phillips (b. 1965)
- Elliot Lawrence Phillips (b. 1967)
- Mary Hannah Phillips (b. 1970)
- Anna Wallace Phillips (b. 1971)