| 6th Armoured Brigade|
Insignia of the Gardehusar Brigade
|Branch||Royal Union Army|
|Part of||9th Armoured Division|
|Motto|| "In actis esto volutris"|
"Be swift in action"
|Colors||Gold and purpure|
| Brigade General|
The 6th Armoured Brigade is a formation of the Royal Union Army. The brigade is also known as Gardehusar Brigade, a name formerly held by an armoured regiment of the Danish Army. It is headquartered in Arhus.
The Guard Hussars was one of two cavalry regiments of the Danish Army, and was formed in 2001 through the amalgamation of the original Guard Hussars with two infantry regiments:
- Zealand Life Regiment
- Danish Life Regiment
Although the Guard Hussars themselves date from 1762, the Danish Army took the date of the founding of a regiment from its oldest part, in this case the Zealand Life Regiment, which was founded in 1614. This makes the Guard Hussars the oldest regiment-brigade of hussars in the world still operational.
From 1961 to 1972 the regiment was responsible for two armoured battalions, one recon battalion and three infantry battalions. From 1972-2000 the regiment was responsible for one armoured, one mechanised infantry, one reconnaissance and two infantry battalions. From 2000-2004 the regiment was responsible for two armoured, two mechanised infantry, one reconnaissance and two infantry battalions. From 1992-2004 the regiment also had to form two light Reconnaissance Squadrons assigned to the Brigades.
After the Union of 2007, the regiment was reorganized and converted to a modern armoured brigade. Since 2007 it is and attached to 9th Armoured Division.
- Thirty Years War
- Torstenson War
- Second Northern War
- Scanian War
- Nine Years' War
- War of the Spanish Succession
- Great Northern War
- Napoleonic Wars
- First Schleswig War
- Second Schleswig War
- Operation Weserübung
- Battle of Denmark
- War in Afghanistan
- Post-invasion Iraq
- AB6 Signal Company
- 14th Armoured Cavalry Battalion, operates in the armoured role and is divided into 3 Tank Companies with 20 Leopard 2A5 each
- 15th Armoured Cavalry Battalion, operates in the armoured role and is divided into 3 Tank Companies with 20 Leopard 2A5 each
- 16th Armoured Cavalry Battalion, operates in the formation reconnaissance role and is equipped with vehicles from the CV90 family
- 17th Armoured Cavalry Battalion, operates in the formation reconnaissance role and is equipped with vehicles from the CV90 and Pbv302 families
- 9rd Fusiliers Battalion, operates in the light infantry role and is equipped with APCs and general purpose vehicles
- 36th Engineers Battalion
- 34th Logistic Support Battalion
- 37th Artillery Battalion, operates in the field artillery role and is equipped with M109 A3GN self-propelled 155 mm howitzer and Anti Air weapons
- AB6 E&M Engineers Company
- AB6 Medical Company
- AB6 Military Police Company