|<<< Current events|| Related articles|
| List of sovereign states and dependencies|
|Forums||International affairs|| Chat |
This is a meta page for the Altverse universe and therefore, should be treated as out of character.
This is a reference for historic events for the nations of Altverse, both on an international and national scale. All subpages should include historical events more specific to a nation whereas this page as a general overview of the history of Altverse. Real life events should be coloured in red
- The Principality of Duklja gains independence, thus forming what would one day become the Kingdom of Kamenia.
- End of the American revolutionary war and foundation of the United States of America, which had previously been under Albish rule.
- The United Kingdom of the Netherlands is established by William I of the Netherlands, the predecessor of the modern-day United Republic of the Netherlands and Belgium.
- The Californian Republic becomes the Kingdom of Sierra.
- World War 1 begins after the assassination of Austro-Hungarian Arch-duke Franz Ferdinand. The Central powers (Austro-Hungry, Germany, and the Ottoman empire) fight against the Allied powers (Albion-Gaul, Belgium, and the Russian Empire).
- The Russian Empire collapses after a prolonged civil war with a communist revolution creating the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR) in its place.
- The USA joins the war.
- Kaiser Wilhelm II abdicates causing an armistice to be signed, unofficially ending WWI.
- Gaul gains independence from Albion.
- The Treaty of Versailles is signed, officially ending WWI.
- Ramon Hildago de Veracruz siezes power forming the Mexican Social Republic.
- World War Two officially begins with the invasion of Poland under Nazi Germany. Albion and Gaul declare war on Germany.
- World War 2 ends in Europe after the death of Nazi leader Adolf Hitler, the occupation of Berlin by Allied and Soviet troops, and the subsequent surrender of Germany.
- The bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki by the United States causes Japan to surrender thus ending World War 2. The demonstration of nuclear weapons by the United States government prompts Soviet leader Joseph Stalin to begin developing his own, thus fuelling the beginning of the Cold war.
- The Dominion Of India is formed after gaining independence from Albion in 1947.
- The Great Korean Empire is formed with the Yi dynasty at its head.
- The Paris Peace Accords are signed calling a armistice to the Vietnam war. Vietnam is split between the North and the Vietnam.
- The Commonwealth of Britannia is formed after a socialist revolution against the Albish government.
- The Turkish-Turkish war ends, with the newly formed Democratic Republic of Turkey recognised as having sole sovereignty of the region.
Popular revolutions overthrow the Communist governments of Poland, Hungary, East Germany, Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria, Romania, Yugoslavia, and Albania. The following year Mongolia, Angola, Madagascar, Benin and the People's Republic of the Congo follow suit.
- The USSR collapses, signalling the end of the first Cold War.
- Armed insurgents from the Islamist organization, Army of God, stage a failed coup against the Sierran government.
- The United Socialist Commonwealth is replaced with the United Commonwealth.
- The League of Nations seeks to expand its security council for the first time since its re-establishment.
- The Flemish Revolution begins in the Belgian region of Flanders.
- Mexico launches a missile attack against Sierran territory in Baja California sparking a crisis.
- United States president Frank Solomon is assassinated.
- The Mexican Social Republic launches an invasion against Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador, and Honduras.
- The Second Bulgarian Revolution erupts.
- The Treaty of Bogota is signed and concludes the end of the 2014 invasion of Central America.
- The 2015 Chicago International Summit is held in Chicago, Wabash to convene on matters pertaining to various international issues.
- Three bombs detonates in San Diego, Sierra, by individuals connected to the Mexican government, and kills over 2,500 and injuring thousands more.
Relevant pages and templates