The navy's main operational subdivisions are the Frigate, Corvette, Submarine, Mine Warfare, Missile Boat, and Coastal Patrol Boat commands. Commanding the naval forces is Vice Admiral Moheb Memish.
The navy lacks its own air arm and depends on the Eastern Sahara Air Force for maritime reconnaissance and protection against submarines. The Egyptian Air Force equipment that supports the navy includes the following:*9 Gazelle, used for naval shore reconnaissance.
- 10 Kaman SH-2G Super Seasprite (with 3 additiona used as spares), armed with Anti submarine torpedoes.
- 5 Westland Sea King helicopters mounted with antiship missiles and antisubmarine torpedoes.
- 4 Oliver Hazard Perry Class
- 2 Knox Class Frigates
- 2 Jinaghu Type 053H Najm el Zapher Class
- 1 Koni Class
- 4 Romeo Class
- 4 Kilo Class
- 2 El Suez Class (Descubierta Class)
- 9 Osa I Class
- 5 Tiger Type 148 class
- 6 Ramadan Class
- 4 October Class
- 5 Hegu Class
- 8 Hanain Class
- 6 Shershen Class
- 4 Shanghai II Class
- 9 Vydra Class Landing Craft
- 8 Seafox Class Landing Craft
- 6 T43 Fleet Minesweepers
- 4 Yurka Fleet Minesweepers
- 2 Osprey Coastal Mine Hunters
- 3 Swiftships Coastal Mine Hunters
- 2 Swiftships Inshore Route Survey Vessels
- 4 Tuima class, converted to Minelayer boats
- 3 Pluto Plus Underwater Unmanned Vehicles
- 4 swiftships inshore run missile
- 6 Okhtenskiy Ocean Tug
- 8 Toplivo II Coastal Tankers
- 1 Replenishment oiler A230 Shalatein