The Grand Texas Broadcast Company is a domestic media outlet of the Kingdom of Texas. The GTBC focuses on stories based within the Kingdom, but also reports international headlines relating to Texas. The Grand Texas Broadcast Company was founded in 2007 out of a newly constructed area in Grand Flatts City. Grand Texas became the first national news provider of the Kingdom, and was soon aired internationally at the request of the Texan government. The Texan central government now owns 20% of the channel, but does not interfere with the programming. Instead, the governments share is the single largest contributing factor of currency within the GTBC.
As of 2012, the GTBC is available in over 37 million households, and extends coverage to over 470,000 Texan hotel rooms. Internationally, GTBC Global is aired throughout 180 nations and dependencies. The Union of Everett, United States and Mexico all are aired GTBC/TX, which is the domestic channel of information available to Texan customers.
- Texas Governor Rebecca Dugas pushes for a repeal of the recent Voter ID laws passed in the state of Texas, her veto powers overridden by the Texan state legislature. She has appealed to the National Courts, stating that the law was "... discriminatory against certain groups of people, including students, the elderly, minorities and the poor." The Speaker of the Texas Congress, Dave Matthews, has stated that the laws were necessary to prevent voter fraud in national and state elections. The National Courts convene on the Third to discuss the issue, and the permanent resolution is to come approximately in November or December.
- Following the capture of a high ranking Los Zetas Cartel leader by Mexican Federal Police, a bloodbath erupts in the border city of Neuvo Laerdo. With thousands of Mexican citizens fleeing into Texas, the National government has offered Mexico formal military assistance. The Mexican federal government almost immediately agreed, allowing for some 10,000 troops to be deployed into Northern Mexico to help police and civilians in the states. Texas and several other Latin American nations have also begun negotiations to enhance their political stability by forming a union akin to the European Union.
- Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal allows for a Texan military occupation of the state. Following the Assassination of Phil Bryant and Dr. Robert J. Bently, 2,500 Texan forces entered Louisiana and set up garrisons in Shreveport, Lafayette, Baton Rouge and New Orleans. Additional smaller outposts were established along the Louisiana-Mississippi border to watch for illegal immigration. The Duchy of Louisiana is officially established by the Kingdom of Texas, and recognized as a dependent territory.
- After another 13 hours, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Alabama all vote to join the Texan realm as client states under Texan protection. The combined National Guardsmen of all new duchies are reformed into their respective Ducal Guard, and the updating of equipment begins. The Duchy of Dixie is formed out of Alabama and Mississippi and the Duchy of Tennessee is formed out of Tennessee.
- One hour after the next three, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida join the Client realm as Carolina, Georgia and Florida.
- The Senate has approved to turn the Las Vegas Valley Free City into the Duchy of the Valley. Mayor-Governor Carolyn Goodman has approved the action, and the Valley Council has also agreed with a 48-2 vote. The citizens of the Valley expected little to no change to occur in their everyday lives, and the Duchy is expected to be incorporated sooner into the Kingdom because of its higher than average living standards. The constitution's standards for annexation have been changed by the Senate, as to where a territory must become a client duchy and develop before being admitted as a state.
- The Senate approves a measure to increase the number of Infantry battalions in the army, seeing as how multiple territories have gained Ducal status to the Kingdom. An additional 10 battalions is formed, and almost immediately are deployed to any of the various new territories and dependent states acquired. The additional 10 adds 12,500 people into the regular service army.