|House of Representatives of the Island Provinces of Dogger|
Speaker of the House
Eva Loransdötter, Social-Democrats
Frederique Lærkesdötter, Social-Democrats
Hans Frerikson, Conservative
The Seas (31)
Evangelists’ Party (3)
Dåggereyjittsparlementshuset, Eyjittsmiddi |
The House of Representatives of the Island Provinces of Dogger (Dogrish: Dåggeriska Eyjprövinsernes Folkeþinget) is the 500-member parliament of Dogger as well as the island nation's official head of state. Members are elected through a system of party-list proportional representation for terms of five years. The House convenes in Dåggereyjittsparlementshuset in Eyjittsmiddi.
The House of Representatives is composed of a Government, an Opposition and an Independent caucus.
The Government consists of the following four parties:
- the Social-Democratic Party of Dogger, a social-democratic, centre-right, progressive party with 132 seats;
- the Liberal-Democratic Party of Dogger, a liberal-democratic, centre-right, mostly progressive party with 61 seats;
- the Green Party of Dogger, a centre-located, progressive green party with 35 seats;
- the Party of the Seas, a centre-right, moderately progressive national party with 31 seats.
The Government holds 259 seats in the House of Representatives, a majority of 9.
The Opposition consists of the following five parties:
- the Conservative Party of Dogger, a right-wing, conservative party with 119 seats;
- the Labour Party of Dogger, a slightly social-democratic, left-wing, mostly progressive party with 56 seats;
- the Socialist Party of Dogger, a socialist, left-wing, slightly conservative party with 30 seats;
- the Dogric National Party, a nationalistic, progressive, centre-right party with 22 seats;
- the Dogric Evangelists' Party, a Christian, conservative, right-wing party with 3 seats.
The opposition holds 241 seats.
There are 11 Independent members of the House of Representatives.