Regions in German Lower Saxony are semi-official cooperational governmental largely non-administrative entities between the levels of the State and the Kreise. They are usually a form of local cooperation between Kreise due to similarities in issues that need to be addressed.
- East Frisia consists of: Aurich, Emden, Friesland, Leer, Wittmund and Wilhelshaven.
- Ems- und Vecht-Täler consists of: County of Bentheim and Emsland.
- Upper Lowlands consists of: Osnabrück Stadt and Kreis, Vechta and Cloppenburg.
- Lower Lowlands consists of: Ammerland, Delmenhorst, Oldenburg Stadt and Kreis and Wesermarsch.
- Bremener Hinterland consists of: Diepholz, Minden and Nienburg/Weser.
- Region Hannover is mostly co-existent with Hanover Region.
- Harzland consists of: Goslar, Göttingen, Hameln-Pyrmont, Holzminden, Northeim, Osterode am Harz and Schaumburg.
- Die Östliche Größe Städte consists of: Braunschweig, Helmstedt, Hildesheim, Peine, Wikipedia:Salzgitter, Wolfenbüttel and Wolfsburg.
- Lüneburgischer Landschaftsverband consists of: Celle, Gifhorn, Harburg, Heidekreis, Lüchow-Dannenberg, Lüneburg and Uelzen.
- Landschaftsverband Stade consists of: Cuxhaven, Osterholz, Rotenburg (Wümme), Stade and Verden.