The MWC 2014 or Mobile World Congress is a combination of the world's largest exhibition for the mobile industry and a conference featuring prominent executives representing mobile operators, device manufacturers, technology providers, vendors and content owners from across the world. The event, initially named as GSM World Congress and later renamed as the 3GSM World Congress, is still often referred to as 3GSM or 3GSM World.
The GSMA Mobile World Congress currently takes place in February at the Fira Gran Via venue in Barcelona, Catalonia. The annual attendance is generally between 60,000-70,000 people. Up until 2006 the event took place in Cannes and was known as 3GSM World. Attendees represent more than 200 countries from across the globe.
GSMA Mobile World Congress 2013 took place between February 25 and February 28, 2013. The theme was The New Mobile Horizon and was attended by more than 72,000 participants.
The dates for Mobile World Congress 2014 are 24-27 February, 2014.
- The 2013 GSMA Mobile World Congress took place from 25–28 February at Fira Gran Via, in Barcelona, Catalonia.
- The 2012 GSMA Mobile World Congress took place from 27 February to 1 March, 2012.
- The 2011 GSMA Mobile World Congress took place from February 14–17, 2011
- The 2010 GSMA Mobile World Congress took place from February 15–18, 2010
- The 2009 GSMA Mobile World Congress took place from February 16–19, 2009
In 2011 free Android and iPhone apps were designed, providing standard turn-by-turn navigation capability in Barcelona and Spain for the duration of MWC 2011 plus the weekends before and after.
In 2011, it was announced that Barcelona, Catalonia has been chosen as the "GSMA Mobile. World Capital" and continue to be the site of GSMA Mobile World Congress through 2018.