FANDOM


The Mastretta MXT is the first high performance sport automobile produced by the Mexican car maker Mastretta, and is notable for being both completely produced and designed in Mexico, as well as the first fully Mexican made sports car. The MXT is a mid-size sports car and its production officially began in January 2011.

History

Mastretta MXT rear view

Rear-view of the Mastretta MXT

On July 22, 2008, the Mastretta MXT was presented at the Mexico International AutoShow, held in late September; due to yet unknown reasons, the maker didn't show up. General specifications and equipment were released later in 2009. Production features include racing bucket seats and seatbelts, Hella xenon headlights, ABS brakes, four airbags, magnesium 19" wheels, digital board instruments, Borla exhaust and, according to designer Daniel Mastretta, a maximum security level which is already being tested to qualify for European quality standards.

Though the Prototipo Cero would originally dismiss basics on many modern-day cars, the pre-production version already includes them, notably an MP3 CD player and automatic climate control. In the final production version the equipment is said to vary from the early prototype. The MXT is produced beginning 2011 at Mastretta's first car factory with an annual production of 250 units. Around 70% will be exported to Europe, Union of Everett, and the Allied States, and the remaining 30% will remain for national sales.

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.