The Nalatia presidential election, 2011 will take place on December 12, 2011. It will be the first presidential election in the country's history.
The three major parties nominated the following individuals:
- Margarita Anta, parliamentary representative from Gilo (1995-2000) and parliamentary representative from Maquina (2005-)
- Pierre Dubois, former parliamentary representative from Châteaux (1987-1997) and Mayor of Pont-du-Châteaux (2007-)
Failed to win nomination
Several notable individuals ran but did not receive any party's nomination.
- Alfonso Abotta, former Mayor of Gilo (1997-2002)
- Madelina Tia, former parliamentary representative from Gilo (1987-1992)
- Tino Brastol, former parliamentary representative from Gilo, (1977-1987)
There was brief speculation of Queen Marga possibly running for president, but it has been confirmed that no member of the royal family will be able to run for President. The following people have been speculated to run for president:
- Ella Cramina, winner of the Royal Medal of Bravery
- Sarah Trumbull, anti-abortion activist and second cousin of Prince Randolph
Sarah Trumbull cannot, however, become President as she has lived in Nalatia for less than 15 years. Some would also argue she is a part of the Royal Family because she is the cousin of Prince Randolph, Queen Julia's husband.
Road to presidenthood
Due to the short notice of the election, the campaign is expected to be extremely fast-paced. Candidates had to officially file to run for office before November 10. Debates were televised on national television on November 12 and November 19. On November 21, each party (the Margan Party, the Center Party and the Traditional Party) nominated a candidate. Presidential debates between the three major candidates will take place on November 23, November 30 and December 6. The polls will officially close on December 13, 2011 at 2 am CET.
The president-elect will be inaugurated on January 2, 2012.