The November 11 Terrorist Attacks was a large scale terrorist crime carried out on November 11, 1986 against Emirates targets. It is often compared to the 9/11 attacks in the U.S.
Timeline of events
- 9:37 AM: Emirates Airways Flight 777 takes off from Dubai
- 10:13 AM: A bomb explodes near the Doha port, resulting in 18 injured and 3 dead
- 10:44 AM: Gulf Air Flight 84 lands in Prague
- 11:33 AM: A bomb detonates (incorrectly) on Gulf Air Flight 84, resulting in damage to the plane, and leads to its evacuation with fears of another bomb
- 12:10 PM: A bomb goes off a the lobby of the Hyatt Regency Dubai, resulting in 13 dead and 25 injured
- 1:24 PM: Emirates Airways Flight 2037 takes off from Trieste Da Vinci International Airport (Kingdom of Europa)
- 1:32 PM: All planes in the United Emirates are grounded
- 1:56 PM: Emirates Airways Flight 777 explodes over Mulhouse, France, resulting in 414 deaths and no survivors
- 2:09 PM: Emirates Airways Flight 2037 explodes over the Alps in Europa.
- 7:18 PM: 3 survivors from Emirates Airways Flight 2037 are found in the Alps, who are taken to hospital
After the attacks there was a massive investigation done by Emirates, Europan, French and Czech authorities. Europa called in their intelligence bureau to investigate. Within the next 3 years, most perpetrators of the crime were arrested, but some were found murdered, most likely by the "Black Death Squadron". On 2011 the last surviving perpetrator, Fahd Mohammed Ahmed al-Quso, was killed in his home in Yemen.