|President of the|
Kingdom of Nalatia
|Term length||Five years, renewable once|
October 30, 2011
The President of Nalatia will be the head of state in Nalatia. Holding less power than the Prime Minister and being a mostly ceremonial office, the President of Nalatia still holds duties. No person has ever held this office before; the first holder will take office on January 2, 2012, following the 2011 presidential election.
Powers and duties
The President will be able to:
- Declare war. A president will be able to do so without any advice from Parliament or the Prime Minister.
- Declare a state of emergency in a city, province, or the entire county.
- Be the Commander-in-Chief of the Military of Nalatia; meaning he or she can order troops to withdraw from or occupy land.
- Give a presidential pardon to criminals.
- Appoint judges.
- Appoint ambassadors
- Take official diplomatic visits to other nations. The Prime Minister will be able to visit other nations but cannot officially represent the Kingdom of Nalatia.