- Comm,The (The Comm) - Abbreviation of Commonwealth (Government)
- Craptech - Old technology, awful quality.
- Earthers - People who have remained on Earth.
- Feds - Government or Government Workers, Police or Law Enforcement
- Ghosted - Dead
- Ke Pa (Chinese) - Awful
- La Shi (Chinese) - Shit, Crap, Damn
- Off-Worlders - People who have emigrated off-world, (used by people on Earth)
- Pocket Jocky - Pick pocket/thief
- Shiny - Cool, Something of Value
- Spacer - Someone who makes their living in space.
- Wei (Chinese) - Hey!
Most people speak a small amount of Chinese, which can get mixed into everyday conversation in English, particularly when swearing, or using slang. Here are some examples;
- Gwo Hwong Tong (夠荒) - Enough!, Stop
- Ke Pa (可怕) - Awful, Terrible, e.g 'Its Ke Pa!'
- Lā shǐ (拉屎) - 'Shit', 'Crap', 'Damn' e.g 'What is this La Shi?'
- Lu Suh (垃圾) - Garbage, Rubbish, e.g 'What is this Lu Suh?'
- Míng báile ma (明白了吗) - 'Got it?' 'Understand?'
- Peng yu (朋友) - Pal, Friend, Buddy, e.g Wei Peng yu!
- Wei (哎) - Hey! - Informal greeting.
- Zeng Bang (真棒) - 'Awesome' 'Cool' Thats Zeng Bang!
- The Continuum - Region of Space known to mankind.
- C.A.V - Commonwealth Ark Vessel
- S.R.E.V - Short Range Enforcement Vessel
- Boat - Slang for Spacecraft